JOB: White Center CDA Seeking to Hire ‘Community Builder’; Deadline April 27
As we’ve been doing since January 2010, we’ve been featuring local job listings in White Center (see more listings on our Jobs Page here), and here’s another one – the White Center Community Development Association (CDA) is looking to hire a ‘Community Builder.’
The position is full time, and involves “base building, social networking, resident leadership development and resident mobilization,” and other duties, according to the listing.
Pay is $40-45,000 annually, depending on experience, and medical/dental benefits/403b plans are provided.
Deadline to apply is Friday, April 27, 2012, at 5 p.m.
“Interested parties should mail or e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com,” the listing states. “If you have questions or would like to see the full Job Description, please call the White Center CDA at 206-694-1082 and/or visit www.wccda.org.”
Here’s the full job listing:
Connecting People & Place to Build Community
Organization: The White Center Community Development Association (CDA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote a vibrant neighborhood and high quality of life for White Center residents and stakeholders through the development of authentic leadership opportunities and community-led, neighborhood initiatives. We accomplish this through our 3 lines of business: neighborhood revitalization, family development, and community building.
Basic Function: The White Center CDA is seeking a full time, exempt Community Builder responsible for successful program implementation and management of community building strategies including base building, social networking, resident leadership development and resident mobilization. S/he is also responsible for ensuring the integration of a community building approach into the design and strategy implementation with the other CDA Lines of Business, Family Development and Neighborhood Revitalization.
Select Specific Duties: COMMUNITY BUILDING PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- Base Building strategies: Design and oversee management of membership strategy to meet targets. Guide and support incoming community volunteers into meaningful projects within the CDA and with CDA partners. Recruit and outreach for CDA signature events (e.g. annual Spring Clean event, summit, etc.)
- Resident Leadership & Mobilization strategies: Guide strategy development, conduct and partner to provide resident leadership trainings and ensure follow up and tracking of results. Conduct specific resident leadership and mobilization activities at the CDA’s 30 unit apartment complex Unity Village. Compliment other CDA lines of business to ensure resident voice is at the table guiding our neighborhood and family policy agenda.
- Small grant making: Market and manage grant making and results evaluation for the Neighborhood Empowerment Fund small grants program.
- Online social networking: Manage and populate the CDA’s social networking tools (facebook, website blog, website calendar and twitter page).
- Community Summit event: As a CDA signature event for galvanizing residents, agencies and institutions for community change and results accountability, s/he leads the annual summit design and planning, fundraising, and coordination of recruitment of volunteers, sponsors, and presenters, logistics and implementation. This includes annual update of the Neighborhood Action Plan and community report card.
- Administration and management of community building programs, fund development and other duties.
Required Qualifications: Excellent leadership and communication skills, knowledge of community building/organizing principles and resources, strong ability to work with others, comfort with social networking, experience working in diverse communities, other management skills including strategic planning, problem solving, grant writing and budget development/management. Preferred: knowledge of White Center community and bi-lingual skills.
Pay Rate: $40-45,000 Annually DOE. Medical/dental benefits/403b plan provided.
Closing date for application submittal: Friday, April 27, 2012, 5:00pm no exceptions.
Interested parties should mail or e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to 1615 SW Cambridge Street, Seattle, WA 98106. If you have questions or would like to see the full Job Description, please call the White Center CDA at 206-694-1082 and/or visit www.wccda.org.