Don’t Forget to ‘GiveBIG’ Wednesday to Help Some Great Local Charities
This Wednesday (May 2) is The Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG event, a community-wide fundraiser where you can donate online and help several great, local non-profits – which benefit due to matching funds given from the foundation on that day.
To participate, just log onto the website between 7 a.m. and Midnight on Wednesday, May 2, choose which charity to donate to and it’ll walk you through the rest.
“GiveBIG is a community-wide giving challenge that will increase the size of every online donation to Community Schools Collaboration!” reads the organization’s website.
GiveBIG will grow your generosity in several ways:
- Grow your gift! The Seattle Foundation and local businesses will match a share of every contribution made through The Seattle Foundation’s online Giving Center between 7 a.m. and midnight on May 2.
- Win a Golden Ticket! During the day, you could be chosen at random to have your charity of choice- Community Schools Collaboration – receive an additional $1,000 from GiveBIG’s sponsors.
Here’s a direct link to a page with several White Center-area non-profits, which include:
- White Center Community Development Association
- White Center Food Bank
- YES Foundation of White Center
- Greater King County Police Activities League
- Southeast Youth and Family Services
- Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation
- Southwest Youth and Family Services
- TAF (Technology Access Foundation)
- Youth Media Institute
- NPower Northwest
- The Lighthouse for The Blind, Inc.
- SafeFutures Youth Center
- Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association
- Open Arms Perinatal Services
- Sports in Schools
- Refugee Federation Service Center
- Youth Theatre Northwest
- Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence
- Highline Historical Society
- Hospitality House
- America SCORES Seattle
- Hope Academic Enrichment Center
- Nonprofit Assistance Center
- The Salvation Army – King County
- National Wildlife Federation, Pacific Regional Center
- Got Green