Free Flu Vaccinations Being Offered
King County Public Health is offering FREE flu vaccination clinics for all people over 6 months of age without health insurance or who are otherwise unable to pay for vaccination starting this Saturday, Jan. 19th.
For details about times and locations for the free shots, go to www.kingcounty.gov/health/flu
The free flu vaccination clinics will be held at Public Health Centers at the following locations and times:
Columbia Public Health Center
4400 37th Ave S, Seattle
- Thursdays, 3-7 p.m. through January
Eastgate Public Health Center
14350 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue
- Wednesdays, 3-7 p.m. through January
Federal Way Public Health Center
33431 13th Place S, Federal Way
- Saturday, January 19, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Saturday, January 26, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
North Public Health Center
10501 Meridian Ave N, Seattle
Tuesdays, 3-7 p.m. through January
“If you have health insurance and can pay for vaccination, flu vaccine is also available at many healthcare provider offices and pharmacies,” reads an announcement. “Use the Flu Vaccine Finder to locate one near you.”
For more information, visit What You Should Know for the 2012-2013 Influenza Season (CDC website).
Updated flu season information for healthcare professionals, pharmacies and long-term care facilities:
- The 2012-13 Flu Season Weekly Surveillance Reports
- Jan. 14, 2013 Health Advisory: Influenza Outbreaks at Long Term Care Facilities (LTCF)
- Long term care facility influenza outbreak management diagram
- Letter to nursing and medical directors about the 2012-2013 flu season