Deadline to pre-register for Sunday’s Brat Trot is Thursday night
The deadline to pre-register for Sunday’s Burien Brat Trot, as well as Friday night’s Pub Crawl, is TONIGHT – Thursday, Oct. 3 – at 11:59 p.m.
This is a great, local, grassroots fundraiser, and you can register online now and have some fun while benefiting the Highline Schools Foundation, Safe Kids South King County and Seattle Children’s Hospital.
With longtime BTB Advertiser the Tin Room Bar serving as official Headquarters, expect a full day of fun on a flat, fast 5k around Lake Burien and surrounding neighborhoods – or the shorter one mile race – followed by a finish-line BAVARIANFEST block party.
You don’t have to run (or walk) either – you can just come hang out at the block party, which will include two stages with rock bands and DJs, beer gardens, tons-o-sausage by Dan the Sausageman, food trucks, giveaways and crazy fun.
There will also be plenty of fun for the kiddos, too – with bouncy toys, face painting, pumpkin painting, even a Root Beer Garden!
RACE DAY DETAILS:
- 5k Race Starts at 1 p.m.
- 1 mile Race Starts at 2 p.m.
- On the corner of 10th Ave SW and SW 152nd in Olde Burien
This year, BOTH COURSES (5k and one mile) begin at the corner of 10th and 152nd street. The 5k (USTAF certified) circles Lake Burien. The one mile race heads east on 152nd and does a mid-course turn around. Both courses finish right where they started—and the corner of 10th and 152nd—right in the heart of the Brat Trot Bavarianfest! The course has been marked with arrows, “BT” and we’ve even painted a few hot dogs for you…just to make you smile!
Race Packet Pick up – Saturday, Oct. 5, any time between 1 – 4 p.m.
Pick up race packets or register in person on the corner of 10th and 152nd, thanks to our friends at Southgate Masonic Lodge.
Can you Register on Race Day?
You bet! We’ll be ready to help you starting at 10am race morning–look for the registration tent on the Masonic Hall Lawn.
Parking is available in and around Olde Burien. SW 152nd Street is closed between Ambuam and 10th Ave SW for Bavarianfest–but plenty of parking is available on on surrounding side streets. Also, Olde Burien is just a short walk from Burien Towne Square (6th Ave SW and SW 152nd Street) where parking is bountiful.
One Mile Start Festivities
After the 5k start there will be plenty of family fun going on at the Masonic Hall. Check out the Water Weenie Races, the pre-race family stretch, Bavarian style accordian playing, and so much more! Remember–the one mile race starts at 2pm sharp!
PUB CRAWL IS FRIDAY NIGHT!
Oh yeah – don’t forget about the Pub Crawl this Friday night, Oct. 4! Teams of 2 or more crawl to various B-town establishments, endure challenges and earn points for the chance to win prizes!
TAKE PICS OF BRET THE WANDERING BRAT!
Race Organizers have created a fun little guy out of a plastic toy hot dog and have named him “Bret the Brat!” Bring “Bret” with you wherever you go between Sept. 16th and Oct. 3rd and take photos of him in interesting places (the two pics above are recent examples).
How it Works: #thewanderingbrat
- If you haven’t already, register to become a member of Instagram. Instagram is a free app for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android. Download the Instagram app from iTunes or directly from the App Store on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad or from the Google Play store on your Android device.
- Follow us on Instagram @burienbrattrot.
- Pick up your Bret the Brat at the Tin Room in Olde Burien, 923 SW 152nd Street—he’s yours to keep!
- Snap your photos of Bret in interesting places, near or far.
- Post your photos to your Instagram page, between 9/16 and 10/03/13, and tag them with the hashtag #thewanderingbrat. (Each photo equals one entry in the drawing).
- Each day, one photo will be selected as “Wandering Brat—Location of the Day” and featured on the Brat Trot Facebook page.
- On Friday, October 4th, the winner will be randomly drawn from all the entries and announced on Instagram and Facebook.
- The winner will receive $100 gift certificate to the Tin Room, 2 free tickets to Highline Schools Foundation’s Oktoberfest Auction, and some great Brat Trot swag!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race Details, Pub Crawl Details, online registration, and everything Brat Trot can be found at www.burienbrattrot.com!!!!
See you Sunday (and Friday night)!