Help a family whose White Center area home was destroyed by fire
Sunday morning (Jan. 26) around 7:15 a.m., Eileen Riddle was awakened by some loud popping noises in her home near White Center.
As she left her bedroom to investigate, she found her garage engulfed in flames.
She and her daughter, Catherine, were able to get her terminally ill husband, Greg, as well as the family dog out of their house safely.
The fire started in the garage and raged quickly into the attic, not setting off smoke alarms. While the Riddles were very fortunate to safely escape, by the time it was extinguished, they lost everything.
The Red Cross, as well as neighbors, helped with getting them each a set of clothes and a few miscellaneous items. Eileen’s family is helping to find temporary housing, but with Greg’s immediate condition, it makes things more difficult.
Their home located at 9420 30th Ave SW was completely destroyed. The fire department estimates damage to the structure and contents at over $300,000. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
An account has been set up at Sterling Savings Bank for anybody wishing to make financial donations to this family, and non-perishable food, clothing and gift certificate donations for this family may be dropped of at Boulevard Park Place Retirement Community, located at 2805 S 125th Street in Burien; (206) 243-0300.
All donations are greatly appreciated in their time of need.