REMINDER: White Center Community Summit is this Saturday, March 1
REMINDER: The White Center Community Summit will be held this Saturday, March 1, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Mt. View Elementary School, with “White Center: Past, Present and Future” as the theme.
Organized by the White Center Community Development Association (CDA), this is a family event with workshops for youths and adults as well as free child care.
Here’s a recent update from the WCCDA:
White Center friends, residents and supporter:
We are 5 days away from the community summit and we are proud to share our workshop offering. Each workshop will be offered twice once at 11am and then again at 1pm.
- Annexation: White Centers Future-Presented by King County
- Asset Mapping: Economy and Opportunity in White Center- Presented by Sokha Dahn
- Transportation: Here to There: Getting to, from, and around White Center- Presented by SDOT
- Housing: How did we live and How are we living now?- Presented by Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County
- ELL in Schools: Being Bilingual and Biliterate in White Center- Presented by Highline School District
- Health and Wellness: Drug free in WC- Presented by Navos
- Community Based Organizations: Collaborative Calendaring/Building Partnerships-Presented by KCHA and WCCDA
Also starting at 11am the resource fair and photo will open. So when you come there will be a bunch of ways to be involved.
To register please do so at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19t-ntWko57p1hUF9SdLyvHANM8rapGzaOBfGsGURCFE/viewform